Friday, April 2, 2010

How Many Calories Do You Burn a Day Breastfeeding?

I'm sitting in my wife's post-partem hospital room watching her breastfeed while I serf the net. I'm pondering how many calories are "burned" by breastfeeding. And, after a quick web search, I found the answer.

Breastfeeding burns an average of 500 calories a day with the typical range to be from 200 to 600 calories burned a day. It's estimated that the production of one ounce of breast milk burns 20 calories.

This is according to eHow.com: How Many Calories Do You Burn a Day Breastfeeding? eHow.com .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I like your blog! I run a site/podcast at healthymindfitbody.com, and wondering if you would be interested in doing a review of our book. We can send it over in audio or ebook form. We fully believe in the low carb lifestyle and want to help people get healthy both mentally & physically!

I can be reached at kevin@healthymindfitbody.com.

Thanks!
Kevin