Thursday, February 25, 2010

A few foods I like...

These are some of my favorite foods right now...


Joseph's Flax, Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Flour Pita Bread.  I stumbled across this at my local Walmart.  It's only 4 net carbs per piece.  I can toss them in a toaster and they crisp up enough to use in dips.  They have pockets which I can stuff with sandwich fillings.  Yesterday, I fixed some with chicken salad. 



Ocean Spray diet blueberry-pomegranate.  Ocean Spray has recently come out with several additions to their diet juice line.  Most have about 2 or 3 net carbs per 8 oz. serving.  My favorite is the blueberry-pomegranate.  This definitely satisfies my cravings for fruit juice.


Mission cab-balance tortillas.  There are many different sizes.  The ones that I buy have only 7 net carbs per tortilla.  This is much higher than other low-carb tortillas but they taste so much better.  My wife and I actually like them better than real tortillas because they don't split or crack when you pack them too full.

6 comments:

Low Fat Recipes said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tami said...

Thanks for sharing these! I really like the tortillas, too. I will be looking for the pita pockets on my next trip to WM. Our WM in town really stinks but we often go to other places that have better WMs. I can't wait to look for the drinks, too. I've been craving OJ like crazy but I don't know how to satisfy the craving. This drink would probably work well. I'm hoping by summer to add some fruit back into my menus.

Niki said...

I love, love, love those pitas too!!! They're amazingly good and taste just like regular pitas! I love them with hummus =D I've put a salad inside of them too for something a little different =)

假日的 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
pat said...

I have been eating for a while now and they are fantastic. I went on a low carb diet about 10 yrs ago and lost 40 lbs, then gained back 50 plus. I started another "low carb diet" again 7/2008 and lost 41 lbs. I have learned that it is a life style, not a "diet" if I am to make the weight loss permenant. I still want to loose another 10, but that will come in time.

Megan said...

Your so lucky to have the low carb pita's. I live in Canada and I have to make do with the whole wheat ones. Thus far I haven't been able to find any that are actually "low-carb". When I used to live in the states there were these ones I was in love with, I think they were called flat-out, or something like that. Had a couple different flavours and were delicious!