About a month ago, in preparation to my starting my low-carb regiment, I picked up another low-carb cookbook. I've tried six recipes out of it and must tell you that "Eating Stella Style" is the best low-carb cookbook I've come across. Just about every recipe looks great. The following is a summary of what I have tried so far from the book.
Some of the successes are:
- Easy Tzatziki Sauce - a simple Greek cucumber cream sauce that is out of this world!
- Pork Souvlaki - marinated pork kabob (excellent with the Tzatziki sauce).
- Crazy Egg Meatloaf - meatloaf with a twist... it's stuffed with whole boiled eggs.
- Breadless Bread Pudding - This was a quite tasty dessert. I think next time I will top it with blueberries or strawberries with whipped cream. To me, it was nothing like bread pudding. Really it's just a cheesecake with ricotta instead of cream cheese. This is a traditional way to make cheesecakes in many cultures however very different from the cheese cake that you see in the United States.
- Baked Zucchini Fries - This recipe is the only one so far that didn't work for me. I didn't think it'd turn out right but thought it was worth trying. The spices were overpowering and the "fries" never got crisp. Even with the ends burnt the were soggy and floppy. I'm not sure where I went wrong but don't plan on trying this one again.