Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Obese People Have Severe Brain Degeneration

My father sent me an e-mail today with a link to this article:

Obese People Have 'Severe Brain Degeneration' - Yahoo! News: "A new study finds obese people have 8 percent less brain tissue than normal-weight individuals. Their brains look 16 years older than the brains of lean individuals,
researchers said today."

I'm sure he means well and hopes that this will give me incentive to re-lose my weight. But somehow it comes across as being a bit insulting.

3 comments:

Rettakat said...

Hello Daron, I looked at your other blogs, also. What a wonderful and interesting life you have! I, too, have made many false start at this weight loss thing before it finally took this time, with low carb. I am sure you will be able to analyze your strengths and weaknesses, fine tune it, and make it for life this time, not a diet.

I think sometimes people who don't really understand the problem are at a loss as to how to help, but they WANT to help, and inadvertantly do things that come off in a rather clumsy and/or hurtful way. Please try not to interpret it that way...if possible, try to interpret their heart as wanting to HELP, not hurt. How do I know? Been there, dun that, of course. :-)

My best to you, Loretta

Chrystal K. said...

I never would have guessed that.

Michelle said...

I just saw an article a few days ago (and now I can't seem to locate it) that discussed that obese people live 6 years longer than skinny people.

Just came across your blog. I'm looking forward to keeping up with you and your wife's weight loss and trying some of the recipes.

Best of luck.