Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Life

Last week was to be my only full week at home for January and most of February. There was an ice storm early in the week that brought down trees everywhere. Some 600,000 Kentuckians were left without power including my house. After a couple of days, we had to set everything from my fridge and freezer outside to stay cool. The frozen meats all thawed and the other stuff froze. I took the family to my parents house which is an hour and a half away. I worked from their house part of the week. Saturday we returned home... still no power. I had some really good exercise sawing up the large tree that fell in my front yard. My wife took our meat and the kid to her parent's house, about 2 hours away, where she remains. I spent Saturday night on the sleeper sofa in front of the fireplace and left for Nashville the next day. I can't imagine how the pioneers dealt with not having electricity. I now realize how for granted we take it. I'll be heading home tomorrow and will finish cutting up my trees this weekend. Everything's been so hectic lately that I haven't even thought about jumping onto a scale in over a month. I have absolutely no idea how much or how little I have lost recently. But, I have actually pretty much stuck with low-carb throughout all of it.

1 comment:

Juanita said...

Wow - that was some kind of ice storm, wasn't it? I live in WV and had most of what you had but thankfully, we kept power.

Good job on keeping up the low carbing. It is so hard when you're away from home and having to eat out so often. Kudos to you.