Friday, January 30, 2009

Making my own soda pop

My wife and I recently bought a soda machine from Soda-Club. It came with a variety of flavored syrups. The diet pops are all flavored with Splenda (sucralose). Which is awesome, because I don't think that aspartame and other sweeteners are very healthy. The flavors that we've tried so far have no "diet" after taste. The cola is great but my favorite is the grapefruit seltzer. When I worked in Paris France, I used to drink non-diet Schwepps sparkling grapefruit. Until now, I've found nothing similar available in the United States. And, I am extremely happy to have finally found a diet equivalent that doesn't even taste like diet! I never knew that pop could taste so fresh. The cost of carbonation and their syrups runs about 18 cents per liter. Soon, my wife and I are going to start experimenting with making flavors from scratch (ginger ale, etc.). My two year old son told me this morning that I need to make his Mom some tea pop because he knows that she loves tea. I think we'll give it a shot and see what happens.

Soda Club USA

1 comment:

Bill said...

Hi Big Daddy,
congrats on your weight lose,and the soda look's great.I stumbled across your blog and glad i did,i myself weigh 320lbs so i need to lose badley iv'e tried every diet and was on atkins last week for five days and lost nothing,might be the diet pepsi i dunno.I guess i will try to eat more veggies and less meat i dont know what else to do.
thanks for a great blog Bill