Wednesday, December 31, 2008

An Update

Sorry for not posting much recently. I've been extremely busy, working long hours and traveling most of the time. I thought I'd have two weeks at home over the holidays but due to a death in the family, I've been on the road and away from the Internet. Next week, I'll be in Mexico, working long hours. I'll try to post when I find time.

Regardless of the turmoil, I've managed to stay on my plan for the most part. I had planned on taking off Christmas Eve and Christmas but started off the diet the day before Christmas Eve. But, I've now stuck with it even though I've been visiting family and eating meals (or portions of meals) that I had no control over the content. This evening, after a funeral, my Grandparents ordered Kentucky Fried Chicken and I went out instead. There was enough people there that I don't think they were put off by my leaving early.

I'm spending New Years Even with my brother's family at a hotel. We're calling it a New Years Eve swim party because all of our kids are currently playing in the pool (I'm in the lobby typing this). My wife just called asking where the heck I'm at... so I guess I need to wrap this up.

Anyhow, around Christmas, I weighed myself and had lost 18 pounds. I'm at a sickening 293, far above what I weighed a year ago. This time I'll need to focus on establishing a workable maintenance plan.

Regardless, I'd like to wish all of my readers a happy new year! And, I look forward to meeting all of the new folks who's new years resolution is to lose weight.

4 comments:

Oct said...

Sorry to hear about the death in your family. Congrats on the 18 pound loss. It's awesome that you are getting back to it before you gained everything back. I hope you have a good New Years celebration and a great new year.

Amy Dungan (Sparky's Girl) said...

Sorry to hear of your loss. We just lost my grandfather on the 16th. Makes holidays a little tough.

Congrats on dropping 18 lbs! Keep up the great work - I know you can do it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the great "real people" advice and suggestions, and taking the time out of your life to do it! One question...I have checked all my local stores and there is no Hoods calorie countdown. What exactly is this stuff?
Thanks again....

Daron said...

Hood Calorie Countdown is diet milk made from real mild. It's carried in my local Krogers Grocery (same company as Dillons) and Super Walmart. They keep it in the fridge next to the milk and cream.