Saturday, December 13, 2008

Pumpkin Soup - 8 net carbs per serving

This recipe for Pumpkin Soup was pulled from "Winsor Pilates Low-Carb Cookbook". My wife and I made it for dinner tonight and it was great.


4 servings @ 8 net carbs each.

Ingredients:
1 can (4 oz.) diced green chilies
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup cilantro
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
1 can (14 oz) chicken broth (I used water & bullion)
1/2 cup water
1 t. cumin
1/2 t. chili powder
1/4 t. garlic powder (I used diced garlic)
1/8 t. ground red pepper
Additional sour cream (optional)

Instructions:
In food processor or blender process green chilies, cilantro, and sour cream.
In sauce pan, combine all other ingredients and bring to boil. Add 1/2 the sour cream and green chili mixture. Reduce heat to medium and simmer at least five minutes. Stir occasionally.
Pour into bowls and top each with small dollops of remaining green chilies and additional sour cream.

3 comments:

luccy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Disconnected Diva said...

Ok, give me your honest opinion ... does this taste like pumpkin ? My husband HATES pumpkin and I love it. If it tastes like pumpkin I don't need to serve it.

Daron said...

Yeah, it tastes like pumpkin... but it reminds me of Arabic lintel soup.