Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Low-Carb Cookbooks

I am always looking for good low-carb recipes. I thought it would be interesting to find out what cookbooks my readers like best. So, please comment! My personal favorite low-carb cookbook is The Low-Carb Cookbook: The Complete Guide to the Healthy Low-Carbohydrate Lifestyle by Fran Mccullough. Most of the foods are quite easy to prepare. The book was published over ten years ago, so there are now better sweeteners that you can substitute. While I've not tried every recipe, I've yet to find one that I didn't like.

3 comments:

Michael Sanderson said...

I've got many Low Carb books, some of the best are from Dana Carpenter. However, the two books I use the most are from George Stella ( George Stella's Livin' Low Carb: Family Recipes Stella Style & Eating Stella Style: Low-Carb Recipes for Healthy Living. I like them becuase the focus is on fresh ingredients and don't rely much on specialty products you can only get on the net.

JJ said...

I have several of the Carpenter books too. Three more that I like are Six Ingredients or Less, Low-Carb Cooking By Carlean Johnson; 1,001 LowCarb Recipes for Life Edited by Sue Spitler; and L0-Carb Cuisine by Sharron Long.

The Long book has a wonderful meatloaf recipe.

My friends call me Tulip said...

This is an interesting post, I'm going to check out the carpenter books and the six ingredients one. thanks for the recomendations.
Myu favourite is the Idiot Proof Diet cookbook by Bee Rawlinson, India Knight and Neris Thomas. I have cook nearly every recipe and they are all brilliant!