Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Where to buy low carb products online

I have been shopping at Netrition.com for about a year now. And, I have been occasionally bragging on their products and sometimes linking to their site to help fellow low-carbers find hard-to-get items. Without netrition.com, I would be running all over town trying to pick up key low-carb ingredients that are stocked in one local grocery store but not the others. Also, where I live, I don't have to pay any sales tax on my netrition.com purchases. The savings on taxes alone usually covers their low shipping charges.

Well, it finally dawned on me that I should sign up for their affiliates program. As long as I'm sending them all of this business, I might as well get a cut, right? I don't know many of you noticed last month's addition of netrition.com advertisements on the side bar and bottom of my blog. I put them to the side and bottom so that they wouldn't be obtrusive. This month, I earned a whopping $7, nearly twice what I made from google ads in over a year! I'm telling you this because I don't want you to think that I am making a living from blogging. I place a high value on integrity and honesty. If I say something positive about a product, it is because I believe what I am saying. It is not that I am being paid to do so.

Regardless of my affiliation with netrition.com, I will continue to selflessly promote other products and services that I like even if there is no profit in it for me. This is because I feel that too many good low carb products have failed simply because nobody knew about them in time.

Today, I went back through all of my recipes and added links to netrition.com for hard to find ingredients. This is partly in hopes of gaining some profit and partly to make it easier for my readers to find these items.

The following is a list of ingredients from my recipes that I have added links to. Many of these items are indispensable in a low-carb kitchen. I hope you give them a try.

  • Carbquik - low carb baking mix similar to bisquik.
  • Almond Meal - great tasting flour.
  • Hazelnut Meal - another great tasting flour.
  • Aloha Nu Coconut Flour - this ingredient has tons of potential but is a bit tricky to work with. I'd like to see more people to experiment with coconut flour.
  • Flax Meal - flax is all the rage right now.
  • Vital wheat gluton - I consider this a great alternative to flour. But some people have trouble digesting it properly and others have allergies.
  • Soy Protein Powder (soy isolate)- Great substitute for flour. Plain has little to no flavor.
  • Soy Flour - This is simply ground soy beans. It works well as a flour replacement but has a funky soy taste that I consider too overpowering for most recipes.
  • Xanthan gum - Seems to work good making cookies chewie and not crumbly. Some people use to thicken liquids. I'm still experimenting with this ingredient.
  • Splenda Quick Pack - one packet = 1 cup of sugar. This form of splenda does not contain fillers and therefore is much lower in carbs than granular splenda.
  • Da Vinci Syrups - the low carb syrups offer a wide variety of flavors. Online low carbers can't seem to get enough of these.
  • Carb Counter brownie mix - pretty good low carb brownies.
  • Cinnamunch - Cinnamon pork rinds. These remind me of Taca Bell's cinnamon twists.
  • Walden Farms Chocolate Syrup - a little watery but better than no chocolate.
  • Heinz Ketchup reduced sugar or one carb - "one carb" and "reduced sugar" are different names for the same product.
  • Baja Bob's Sugar Free Margaritas and other mixers - Now tequila makes her clothes fall off in more ways than one.

2 comments:

JJ said...

Thank you for the information about netrition. I went to their site and checked it out and was very impressed with their selection, but especially their prices. Your are right on target about having to go to a lot of different places to get your supplies, it's very annoying and frustrating. This "store" might be just what I need. Again, thanks.

OnlineChristian said...

Hope that your Turkey-Day festivities are enjoyable, fun, full of great family time and lots of low-carb turkey fare!!!

I have been encouraged and informed from your blog posts here and I just want to say that I hope you have a great low carb year ahead!! Good luck!!