Today is a milestone for my blog. I have had over 10,000 visitors resulting in over 25,000 page views. At this time, I am getting close to 400 visits from unique IP addresses per week. When I started this blog one year ago, I never expected this many people to actually read it. I'd like to thank each of you for reading and commenting. And, I especially want to thank those of you who have put links out there that lead others to my site!
My hit counter keeps track of referrals. This basically gives me a list of the web sites that people were on when they clicked on a link to my site. Because of this, I know how many of you first stumbled upon my blog. The top sources of hits are:
- Google searches. The most common search is for "buffalo chicken dip" followed by numerous searches for "low carb" combined with various ingredients.
- Linda's Low Carb Menus and Recipes, a very good source of low-carb recipes and information.
- Low Carb Mania, a low carb blog feeds site run by PJ of The Divine Low Carb blog.
- My own Low Carb Blogs feeds site.
- MySpace.com news.
- Links from posts in lowcarber.org forums. Sometimes these are my posts, sometimes they are posts from people who are talking about me.
- Jimmy Moore's Low Carb Links site.
- Blog Lines. I'm not really sure what this site is. It looks like a way to setup personal lists of blog feeds.
- Yahoo.com searches on "low carb" combined with various ingredients.
- Various other low-carb blogs. As a matter of fact, I have discovered many great blogs by following my hits back to their referring URL's.