The other day, I made some of Niki's low carb frosting (4 oz cream cheese, 1/2 c heavy cream, and sweetener). It reminded me of a number of fruity salads and marshmallow dips. I thought this would make a good base for a number of low carb desserts.
One of my wife's favorite desserts is what she calls "yum yum salad. And, today, we made a low carb version. It's not quite as fluffy as the high carb version but it's still very good.
When buying your can of crushed pineapple, choose one that is in juice not syrup.
The entire recipe is 50 net carbs and makes 8 servins at 6.25 net carbs per serving.
2 packages sugar free lime jellow
1 c. water
8 oz. crushed pineapple in juice (not syrup)
8 oz cream cheese
1 1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
1 c. equiv. sugar (I used sweetzfree, zero carb)
1/4 c. crushed pecans
- In sauce pan, combine water and pineapple, including can's juice. Bring to boil.
- Stir in lime jello. Place in refrigerator. Allow to cool until syrup like but not solid.
- Meanwhile, put cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, and sweetener in mixing bowl and beat on high. Use a whisk attachment if you've got it. Whisk until thick.
- By hand, stir together the cool but liquid jello with fluffy white mixture. Stir in nuts.
- Put into serving bowl and chill for at least one hour before serving.