My most recent order from netrition.com has just arrived! My grocery list is as follows:
- Da Vinci sugar free syrups -- Everyone keeps telling me to try these. So, I bought a few flavors to test out. I hadn't expected such huge bottles! I popped open the cherry one a moment ago. It tastes like grenadine. So, I poured some into a diet Pepsi. Not bad. I think I'll try to use the cherry to make snow cones.
- Splenda Quick Packs -- These have suddenly disappeared from the shelves in all of the grocery stores I frequent. So, I had to order through the mail.
- Xanthan Gum Powder -- This is a thickener. I decided to try it because it's the main ingredient in another product called "not sugar". It's not a sweetener, but some claim it creates a sugar-like texture. I'm hoping this will be the key to making better sugar-free cookies. Many people also use it as a thickener for gravy and jellies.
- Baja Bob's Sugar Free mixers -- Original margarita, strawberry margarita, and sour apple martini.
- Hazelnut Meal -- Good price, cheaper than buying at the local food co-op. You can use this for anything calling for almond meal and it's lower in carbs.
- GeniSoy Tortilla chips -- ripped this open as soon as it arrived. They're pretty good but a little higher in carbs than the other low carb chips I've tried. Why is taste and carbs always a trade-off?
The $4.95 for shipping is offset by not having to pay local sales tax. My total is $71.62 and I still have nothing in the house to cook for dinner.