Friday, August 3, 2007

Cleaning out the closets

Today, I have been working on cleaning out my closet. It was overflowing with clothing much of which didn't fit. And, it was beginning to become difficult to find the clothes that did fit well. Part of me wants to just throw away all of my "fat" clothes. But a small nagging voice in the back of my head keeps telling me that I may need them again some day. There are actually a few outfits that I will miss.

In the process, I also found a box of "too small" clothes from six years ago that now fits again. And, I found a really cool pair of dressy black cargo paints my current size with the tags still on. I guess that these must have been a Christmas gift that didn't fit at the time.

My wife went through this process a couple of months ago. The result is that we now have a garage full of boxes and bags of clothing that don't fit. Some are destined for the attic and others are destined for either a garage sale or a Goodwill donation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that it is hard, but your fat clothes are like old friends that are not good for you. Getting them out of your life for good will make it harder for you to slide.

TESS said...

keep one outfit that best defines your highest weight and send the rest to charity. Don't keep them.You aren't doing your self any favors by sending them to the attic. If you ever do need the, again. and I sincerely hope you won't, they will be dated. Trust me on this. Get them out of the house entirely!