Thursday, August 16, 2007

Chipped Beef - 4.5 net carbs per serving

Here's another breakfast item. The irony is that there are thousands of good low-carb breakfast dishes out there but almost none of them are fitting when you're on the run... So this weekend, when you are not working, try this recipe. Or, fix it for dinner as my wife and I did last night. Sorry, but I didn't snap a picture before eating.

Each serving is enough to amply cover two slices of toast or 4 biscuits. Don't forget to add the carbs for whatever bread you are using.

Serves 2 @ 4.5 net carbs per serving.

Ingredients:

1 package dried beef (not jerky)
4 oz cream cheese
1 c. Hood calorie countdown
pinch of cayenne pepper
Pepper (to taste)

Instructions:

Put cream cheese, hood, and spices in sauce pan over medium heat. Stir occasionally until melted. Whisk vigorously until smooth. Chop up dried beef and add to mixture. Change temp to medium-low and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes until thick. Serve over low carb toast or low carb biscuits.

1 comment:

laura said...

Mmmm, sounds good - there are so many good high protein (and low carb-ish) options for breakfast. I feel guilty that I don't make more of them, like you, I chalk it up to being lazy and in a rush (which is not a great excuse I know!)

This one looks good too - I actually found it doing marketing for Hellmann's Real Food campaign: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUBP0NAm4a4 . Seems like something you could do a lot of prep work for in advance and then just make/eat on the go. :)