Thursday, June 14, 2007

Screwed up last night...

Well, last night, my co-workers and I made it back to the Drury Inn during happy hour and each received our three free drinks. I had rum & diet coke with a lime. Then, a group of 15 of us went to Longhorn Steakhouse. My boss bought me a beer. I thought it was only about 6 net carbs, but wasn't sure and didn't have my book on me. Then, when we were seated, I ordered another. Then another. Then another. On my fourth or fifth bottle of Bass Ale, Mike, who is a diabetic, informed me that each bottle contained a whopping 13 net carbs... Oops.

Then, on the way back to the hotel we stopped at a liquor store and bought some Skyy vodka. We had the hotel manager open up their bar to pour us each some tonic to which we could add the vodka. Needless to say, the alcohol blew my diet that day. I didn't weigh this morning. If I had weighed, I suspect that the scale would show me weighing significantly less due to the alcohol induced dehydration... but, I'm sure the ketosis has stopped and that my fat burning for that day and today took a hit. I'm back to low-carb today with no beer. And I guess tomorrow will still be my official carb-up. I've been so good for 10 months.

But, you know what? It was worth it. I don't think that I've gotten drunk since before my wife was pregnant which means that it is going on two years. We all had a great time. It was my happiest night out in Nashville in the two years that I've been working down there.

1 comment:

juls said...

Hi Big D:
I'm glad you had fun in Tenn. but what was the price you paid for cheating on the low carb diet.
I've been on it for almost 6 wks.
I'm doing fine but I know I'm going to cheat on July 4--it's my birthday and champagne is a must. I really enjoy the diet and will go right back, but I sure hate the consequences.
How bad was it for you?

juls