Thursday, June 21, 2007

Carbohydrates and Cognitive Abilities

It has been almost a week since I have posted. I've been very busy recently. Not only am I traveling a great deal but I am also studying for a big exam this coming weekend (APICS CSCP certification). To keep a clear head for the exam, I am contemplating taking Friday evening and Saturday morning off of the diet. It seems that my cognitive abilities are better when I am consuming carbohydrates. There's a lot riding on this test so lots of nutrients and sleep beforehand might do me some good. But, at the same time, I hate to "cheat" mid-cycle.

5 comments:

Frank said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sparky's Girl said...

So you feel that carbing-up helps you think better?

I seem to be the opposite. When I eat carbs my mind goes all foggy.

Hope you do wonderful on your test!

Big Daddy D said...

I decided not to "cheat" and kept carbs low today. I think that I did okay on the test. My wife wasn't real happy with me not cheating. If I carb-up, she thinks that she gets a free ticket to eat whatever she wants. Sometimes, I feel like its great to be on the diet together and other times, I feel like it's working against me.

Cindy said...

I also think much better on low carb.

Hope you did well! Be sure to post the results.

Big Daddy D said...

FYI - Passed the exam. I am now a certified supply chain professional and allowed to put CSCP following my name.