This link will take you to an article on "MarthaStewart.com" about "Health Food Myths". Myths addressed are:
- A calorie is a calorie... Not all calories are created equal.
- The less fat I eat, the better... Explains good fats and not-so-good fats.
- If it says "organic", it must be nutritious... Organic junk food is still junk food.
- Whole-grain products are always beneficial... Read the labels!
- If a label says "zero trans fats," then it contains no trans fats... 0 means <0.5.
- If some soy is good, all-soy-all-the-time is better... Too much of a good thing is a bad thing; avoid over processed soy.
- Healthy food always costs more... They say not true; but I say good luck finding something as satisfying as a 99 cent box of Little Debbies snack cakes.