Thursday, February 8, 2007

Mediterranean Restaurant

This picture was taken by my cell phone. So, please excuse the poor quality. Last night, my wife and I ate at "Oasis". We eat there at least once a week. They call it a Mediterranean Restaurant but it can be more accurately described as Lebanese. If you can avoid the wonderful deserts and forgo the rice, it's an ideal restaurant for our low carb diet. The plate pictured to the left is a schwarma mix (beef and chicken). The serving dish is about 9 inches by 12 inches. The small bowls contain garlic yogurt and runny tahinni. As you can see you get a ton of meat. And, it's more than we can eat. I took half of this plate and half of my salad home to eat for lunch today. I've been to other Middle Eastern restaurants. They all have had several dishes that are predominately meat. If you've got one in your local area, I strongly encourage you to check it out.

No comments: