Thursday, February 8, 2007

Low-Carb Cranberry and Orange Juice

If you are a low-carb dieter like myself, you'll typically avoid the juice aisle at the grocery store. A few months ago, I ventured down this aisle to find some juice for our baby. While there, I spotted two kinds of diet Ocean Spray. I picked them up and was excited to see that both the cranberry and the orange citrus had only 2 carbs per 8 0z. serving as opposed to the 25 to 35 carbs in "real" cranberry and orange juice. Diet Ocean Spray, is an excellent source of vitamin C and is low in calories. To me, the cranberry juice tastes like cranberry juice. The orange citrus however, while good, tastes more like a fruit "drink" than a fruit juice. Diet Ocean Spray has apparently been on the market since March 2006. They plan to release a diet cranberry-grape in March of 2007. I hope there will be even more juices to follow.

1 comment:

joyceej said...

Hey Big Daddy D!

Found your blog today. It is great! I too am a low carber for 4 years now. I am pretty much on maintenance since I got to my goal weight a year after I started. I still would like to lose about 10 more pounds, but if it doesn't happen, oh well. I still feel better than I ever did in my life. I am 52 and weigh less than I did when I got married.

Keep going with your low carb lifestyle. You will get to your goal.

I can't wait to try some of your recipies.

joyceej