Wednesday, January 17, 2007

What are Carbohydrate Blockers?

I have now been on a low-carb, high protein diet for about 5 months and have lost 60 pounds. I still have 40 to go before I reach my ideal weight. My wife has been on the diet for 4 months and has lost about 40 pounds. So far, we have not used any kind of diet pill.

We both take 2 days off of the diet each month to eat the foods we miss. I call these "diet vacations." Usually these days are planned... for example on Valentines day I'll be taking her out for pasta. I think that this has made it much easier for us to stick with the diet.

I have been seeing numerous advertisements online for "carbohydrate blockers". There are tons of sites selling these pills but I have not found any trustworthy sites that explain how they work and what risks are associated with them. I don't like to take any pills unless I understand what they are and how they work. I'm wondering if this would be a good supplement to take on our days off of the diet. Can any of you reply to this post with information or provide links to information about "carbohydrate blockers"? Thanks.

See followup post on January 17th.

No comments: