Friday, December 22, 2006

Chocolate Chip Cookies - 1.6 net grams each

Wow! Low carb chocolate chip cookies and boy are they good. Unfortunately, I can't post the recipe because I pulled it from a book. But, I can share the book name with you... The Low-Carb Comfort Food Cookbook by Mary Dan M.D. Eades, Michael R. M.D. Eades, and Ursula Solom. These are the same people who brought us the book Protein Power Life Plan which is what I have loosely based my diet on.

I think I can use this recipe as a springboard to all kinds of variations. For example, I'm thinking of replacing the walnuts with peanuts, dropping the chips, and adding cocoa powder (might adjust other dry ingredients). This would then become a low-carb version of a family favorite called "chocolate drop cookies". I'll let you know how it works out if I try it one of these days.

No comments: