Sunday, November 12, 2006

A Plateau? Plus discovering new ingredients.

Today is the end of week 13.... I've actually gained 3 pounds this week. I have not cheated on the diet. I fear that my body has grown accustomed to the low-carb diet. However, my ketostix today showed a score of 30 which means that my body is still in ketosis, burning fat. So, I must assume that instead of gaining fat, I'm retaining water. Regardless, it is quite depressing.

I went shopping this weekend and bought lots of new ingredients to experiment with. I bought some soy protein powder, vital wheat gluten, and almond meal. This evening, I prepared a low-carb pumpkin cheesecake utilizing all three of these new ingredients. The recipe is completely of my own making. I just turned the oven off and am about to head to bed. The cheesecake will remain in the oven to cool overnight. It smells fantastic. If it is as good as I think it will be, this will be my low-carb masterpiece. I'll provide an update and recipe tomorrow, just in time for Thanksgiving.

No comments: