Sunday, November 5, 2006

End of Week 12 Results

Week 12 has come to a close. I seem to have gotten over my plateau and am losing weight at a pretty good rate. I have lost 49.4 pounds and 6 inches off my waist since beginning the diet in August. However, I am still 46 pounds away from my goal of 240. According to the Covert-Baily formula, my lean body weight has dropped by 3.6 pounds. I am not going to let this bother me yet because I know that the formula is not 100% accurate. But, I will have to watch this closely over the next couple of months.

Detailed stats* (end of week 12):
Total Weight: ..... From 336 to 286.6
Pounds of Fat: .... From 134.4 to 89
Lean Body Wt. .... From 201.6 to 198
Est. Body Fat: ..... From 40.2% to 31.7%
Waist: ................ From 56.5 to 50.5 inches
Hips: .................. From 54.5 to 51 inches


*Health Central's website, http://www.healthcentral.com/cholesterol/home-body-fat-test-2774-143.html, uses the Covert Bailey formula and came up with the value above, part way between the Navy and YMCA calculation. I know that none of these are accurate, but I don't have access to accurate measuring devices.

No comments: