Friday, November 10, 2006

Compliments and Upcoming Holidays

Yesterday, the lady who cuts my hair commented on how much weight I'd lost. She said I was looking very good. It's this sort of feedback that keeps me going.

During the week of Thanksgiving, my wife and I are taking our 6 month old son, Skylar, on a roadtrip. We will drive to Kansas so that he can meet his great-grandparents. Thanksgiving at home would not be much of a challenge. But, eating at relatives houses could be quite difficult as nobody would understand our dietary requirements. We are contemplating dropping the deit for the entire 9 days (from Saturday before to Sunday after). I'm a bit worried about how much weight I might gain back. But, at the same time, I wonder if returning to the diet after such a long break might result in the rapid weight loss usually experienced during the diet's first month. It might be just what I need to leave my plateau. Regardless, it'll be an interesting experiment to see how quick I might regain the weight and how quick I can re-lose it.

No comments: