Friday, October 13, 2006

Experiment - Spaghetti with Meat Sauce

The other day, my wife and I tried to make spaghetti. Instead of pasta, we opted to try spaghetti squash. This was a first for me. I'd never seen spaghetti squash before. We poked it, baked it, sliced it open, removed the seeds, and then separated the strands from the meaty portion of the squash walls. Each of us got one cup of "noodles". We topped this with spiced ground beef and spaghetti sauce. The dish looked fabulous. It was the most beautiful plate of spaghetti that you've ever seen. But, the noodles just weren't noodles. They tasted sort of like cabbage. The dish was okay. It was edible but not great tasting. I don't recommend using spaghetti squash as a substitute for spaghetti noodles.

1 comment:

PJ at TDLC said...

Yeah that was my experience too. I got all excited about how it looked the the taste was, in the words of my ten year old, "yucky."