Monday, August 21, 2006

Stats as of August 14

Age: 32 years.
Weight: 336 lbs.
Waist: 56.5 "
Hips: 54.5 "
Height: 5 ' 10 "
Wrist : 7.75 "
Neck: 19"
Forearm: 14.5"
Estimated Body Fat*: 40.2 %
Estimated Total Fat: 134.4 lbs.
Lean Body Weight**: 201.6 lbs.
Ideal weight range***: 232 lbs. to 252 lbs.

Diet Goal: 240 lbs.

*Body fat - I used to use the Protein Power Life Plan book to calculate body fat. But, the chart only goes up to 300 pounds. I tried several online calculators. The Navy calculation puts me at 31.82 % body fat. The YMCA calculation puts me at 43.7 %. Health Central's website, http://www.healthcentral.com/cholesterol/home-body-fat-test-2774-143.html, uses the Covert Bailey formula and asked for more parameters than either of these and came up with the value above, part way between the Navy and YMCA calculation. I know that none of these are accurate, but I don't have access to equipment such as a huge tank of water.

**Lean body weight is supposed to be your total weight minus fat (i.e. bone, muscle, water, etc.). My lean weight 6 years ago was estimated to be 174 lbs., 31 lbs. less than my lean body weight today. I am not sure if this is due to the use of a different calculation method or if it is due to additional muscle built by carrying around my extra fat weight.

***The ideal percentage of body fat for a white male is 15 to 22 percent according to Bailey, Covert. The Ultimate Fit or Fat. New York: Houghton Mifflin Company. Copyright 1999,

No comments: